Name:
Location: Montague/Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Enough

You give and take away and yet you ask me to still trust, that through the pain you have a reason behind this, that the tears have a purpose. I take a step, and then another. Halting baby steps is all I can manage and yet you are pleased with my stumbles, a proud father pointing out to whomever will listen that I am yours. Even on my darkest days when getting out of bed is almost more than I can manage. You are enough. You have to be enough. If you aren't enough then it has all been for naught. When it feels like I've been deserted by everyone I hold dear, you are enough. When I'm in the middle of a crowd yet utterly alone you are enough. When the days are so bright with your glory that it hurts to open my eyes you are enough. When the night is so black I can't tell up from down you are still enough. When I'm scared to take another breath for fear of giving myself away you are enough. When I am homesick for your courts, when home feels so close yet so far away, when you continue to ask me to walk in obedience, when all I want is to be done... you are enough. August 22, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home